Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"In country"

I went back last weekend to Blackbird Farm. It's near Fayetteville, Texas, about 90 miles west of Houston. (Full story link below in Texas escapes.) Think oak-studded fields, gentle rolling hills, blue skies. It was also really hot, but this is Texas and it's officially summer. There's also lots of farm and wildlife. I stumbled on this little baby jackrabbit crouching in a field, I guess waiting for its mother in the shade. I went back to find it later with Joe and it was still there waiting. It seemed so scared.  I know I'm a sucker but it made me sad to think of this tiny creature living such an anxious life. So many creatures on Earth seem to live in constant fear. Big sigh. On a happier note, Snowball, spring baby of Freckles', is coming along nicely. What a gorgeous calf!

No comments:

Post a Comment