Friday, January 10, 2014

A Beautiful 2014

Resolutions run rampant every January. This year, I’ve heard several people recommend focusing on one true thing. My friend and shamanic healer Luisa Kolker of Santa Fe, has this suggestion: Create an intention – pithy and to the point – about what you desire to create and experience this year.

So here’s my intention for 2014: Cultivate beauty.  

Now, I don’t mean the kind of beauty you buy at the Neiman Marcus makeup counter, though I do love my Laura Mercier products. I mean the kind of beauty that is found in tending to a small garden, helping a homeless animal, enjoying an unexpected nap with my man, preparing a dinner for dear friends. I mean the inner beauty that comes from taking excellent care of oneself, from eating right to taking yoga classes to laughing – A LOT. This year, I will focus more on trying to establish more beauty in my life. I think beauty also promotes love, peace, creativity and strength, all attributes we can use more of in this challenging world.


Happy New Year, Beautiful 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment